Hello! I’m the ottoman at Red Sofa Literary. I’m looking for books that entertain, educate, and engage readers — plus any other “e” verb that fits.
Note: Due to a death in my family, I will be out of the office October 14-21, 2017. All correspondence will be answered after I return.
NOTE: Red Sofa Literary will be closed to queries November 1, 2017-December 31, 2017.
My current wishlist:
Middle-grade with a great voice — especially funny and/or spooky.
Nonfiction that walks on the weird side — all age groups.
Adult: Mystery with a humorous bent.
Special requests: I’d love to see projects on–
- Spiritualism: MG or adult, nonfiction or fiction
- Ouija: Adult, nonfiction
- Witches: MG or adult, fiction with a new twist
- Old West: MG, nonfiction or fiction. Think Wild Bill, Calamity Jane, women of the Wild West, African-American cowboys
- Romance with heart…but that doesn’t take itself to seriously
- MG nonfiction series on women with moxie: Agatha Christie, Beatrix Potter, Hedy Lamarr, Mary Shelley, Ida Lupino
Unless specified above, I am not looking for: YA, fantasy, sci-fi, short stories, thrillers, memoirs, picture books, or screenplays.
To query, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If I would like to see more, I will request the first three chapters of your manuscript or a finished book proposal. Per agency policy, unrequested attachments, links leading to pages outside of the query, and queries outside of my representative categories will be discarded unread.